Thursday, March 09, 2006

Collabarative analysis of students work - Session - 5

Vijaya was the presenter and I got an oppurtunity to be the facilitator. I was thrilled when Koshy requested me to facilitate the session. Honestly it's difficulut to be a facilitator and also to participate and concentrate on the presentation. But I feel that I have done my job as a facilitator.
Key Questions:
1. For projects based on research and collection of data. how can a teacher ensure authenticity of data without manipulation by the student?
2. What measures can be taken by the teacher to ensure that students maintain integrity and truthfulness in producing genuine work based on research?
My response
Talk to the student about the work and plan the work and also monitor the work frequently and do surprise inspection on their work to keep the students on toes. Motivate or creat interest in students to do the project work. Talk to the students about the experience of their project work, here the teacher can find out if there is any plagerism in students work.
For the second question, I felt the teacher should talk to the students more about integrity and truthfulness and also make them understand the values.
It's quite interesting session because I feel plagerism is a general problem and every teacher is finding it difficult to handle. As a P.E. Teacher I also face Similar problems. the session was very interesting and few good collabarative strategies are framed and hopefully those strategies will help to improve the work.

1 Comments:

At 5:49 AM, Blogger Tara Kini said...

Delighted you enjoyed facilitating, Joel!

I think there is a case for more active internet interaction to achieve the kind of continuous support that you are suggesting, Joel!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home